20110315

where there is no depth perception

Remember the Hasselblad? Well voila.
My friend said that the others were way too dark so nothing's on them. Too bad.

It was kind of intimidating to take a good shot but I got over it when those test flashes keep hurting my eyes.  There's a whole lot of math, measuring and waiting involved in this too. And who knew not smiling can be just as hard? Hmmmm...

ps #1 My heart aches for Japan and to wake up to that kind of news is crushing. I've watched documentaries about Japan's cultures, history and megastructures and I imagine myself wearing their kimonos, slashing bamboos with a katana and riding their faster-than-the-speed-of-light rollercoasters.

I know prayers can help, but reaching out for them can contribute just as much. Here's some ways how:
Visit Redcross.org or text REDCROSS to 90999 to donate $10 from your phone.
Visit Internationalmedicalcorps.org. Also, text MED to 80888 from any mobile phone to give $10
Visit Doctorswithoutborders.org
In case you might want to find someone, Google Person Finder.

ps #2 A good friend of mine just gave birth to a baby boy. I'm so happy for her. Plus, the mom is constantly reminding me to bring back something from Scotland for her baby. I'll try to find some infant-friendly toys that doesn't have any tartan prints on it. Aye?

42 ₪ ø lll ·o.:

Femme Virtue said...

cool photo scheme!

Fransisca Angela said...

it looks like you're having fun with your friend on the photographs :D

elys15 said...

wow! awesome shots :D i hope to have my own studio someday! xD i miss our photoshoots luch!

tasha faye said...

adorable photos! <3 and congrats to your friend. (:

Hannie said...

Great photos! :)
xoxo from Hannie

Ryann said...

I'd love to photograph you someday :D

Meritxell said...

OOOOOOOh love the photos!! there are gorgeous!

kisses
Meritxell
http://stoneoflight.blogspot.com/

ilene @ muchloveilly said...

praying for japan, right there with you.

Marielleheart said...

Like it!

Ar-Ar Malalis said...

It's good that there are some who still care about the well being of others. :) You are one of them.

verotronik said...

So great photos!!!
hahha are u tartan overdosed?

I am deeply sad with all these that happen to Japan. |There are no words to express this situation. :(


Veronica
blameboogie.blogspot.com

arttu said...

thanks for the links <3 gonna put them to my blog too soon (:

GretchTM said...

Lovely photos. A whole lot goes into setting up for a pro shoot and those flashes can really get to it when you look right at them. Haha!

Congrats on your friend's baby.

My heart goes out to Japan too.

dramaqueen said...

you two look so fierce and cool...I am also sad for Japan they are always in my prayers dear...

Kisses
sweet
PensandLens
@mistytewest

l said...

Ooh, I like those photos, I think they turned out great!

I'm so exhausted from thinking about Japan, I just can't even imagine what they are going through. It's heartbreaking.

Unknown said...

such cute images :) congrats to your friend! thanks for the comment!

<3 steffy
steffysprosandcons.blogspot.com

Samantha said...

Look like a great shoot!
I am so saddened every time i turn on the new. It is a constant reminder to pray for japan!

Congrats to your friend on her new baby :) Baby's are always so cute!

Preity lama Tamang said...

Beautiful shots. And congrats to ur fren.
xx

sugar sugar said...

love the concept! great shots dear! =)

✗✗ said...

Awe, great photos!! Beautiful! Congratulations for your friend! How exciting!! My heart is with Japan as well. I wish I could do more than donate money.

Anonymous said...

These are really cool photos!!!

Thank you so much for the comment on my blog! I really appreciate them :)

Dannie said...

ur cuute, looved reading :) great post luuvy..your blog is always awesome, enjoying your week?

Aubrey and Melissa said...

Such a fun series of photos!

Twee said...

these photos are cool!! and thanks for your comments =) i love tennis too~such a cool sport!

x
twee
www.EzzentricTopz.blogspot.com
www.EzzentricTopz-Surprise.blogspot.com

k said...

thanks for all of the info on japan, it's so good for everyone to know..

Inge said...

I like the feelings expressed in the shots!

Violet E. said...

your hair!

Paola. said...

i like the pics!
xx

Jardin de la Mode said...

congratulations dear with your friend! lovely pictures
xx

noone said...

nice shoot with your friend! it's unfortunate what happened in japan, my prayer goes to those family :(

kathifoldsfive said...

crap in hell i want a Hasselblad! i think all that math and measuring and waiting should be what measures a great photographer. nowadays, anyone with a DSLR and Adobe Photoshop can call themselves one, which just sucks coz it's like saying anyone with a enough money to buy a paintbrush and a tube of acrylic can be a Van Gogh.

thanks for sharing those links for supporting Japan, btw. it's comforting to know there's something i can do after all from way over here. :)

kathi folds five

Winnie said...

Awesome shoot!!

Also agree with Japan. I'm obsessed with Japanese culture so it was weird seeing it all over the news but for very different reasons. It's so, so incredibly sad. To think an earthquake isn't bad enough, a Tsunami...and then a Nuclear Radiation? I have no words to describe how awful it is.

Annalise said...

Fun photos. Using flash is like learning how to take pictures all over again. :D
XOXO

Aquí said...

I love these photos! Really cool. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and for your nice comment :)

Anonymous said...

Cool photoshoot! And yes, i was truly affected by what happened to Japan as well. Triple the disasters.. i can't imagine what they have to go through..

xoxo, http://heelsandwedges.blogspot.com

Harija said...

cute photos!
Happy St. Patrick's Day!
My Lyfe ; My Story

Unknown said...

Congratulations! Looks great.

Rachella - flourishingfit.com said...

it's terrible what's happening in japan. and great fotoshoot!

x

Raj said...

These pictures are so beautiful
Its heart wrenching to watch the people of Japan suffering in such a way, I'm completely fascinated by Japanese culture too and it was definitely such a shock, for now all we can do is do all we can to help

Theresa said...

My heart aches for Japan as well. I have some friends there and now they might be evacuating. I pray they get this radiation thing under control so everyone stays safe.

It-Blogirls said...

so lovely pictures

Ella said...

Great pictures !!
Lovely blog :)

Post a Comment

let your thoughts be written in ink;