20100309

how to hunt down the dress of your dreams

In my case, we have this school event called Garland. It's like prom but intended for college students.
'Tis 4 days until the said event and I have hunted down, not killed, the dress of my dreams.

It's easy really.
1. Research. Go to the internet, find the designer, find the model who wore that designer dress. Find that certain "it" factor in a dress that's gotten you hooked. Here's a sample of my "it" dress:

This is by Zuhair Murad. A picture from previous post.
Then have that printed out or in my case, mental snapshot.

2. Find "it" until you ankles hurt. Yes, you may have to go through multiple sales clerks and shops but that's the price. Want to makes it less of a hassle? Bring you friends/any fashion savvy supervisor with you (hi mom!). Thank the heavens it took me about 2 malls and about 20 shops. Shoes are included in this hunt as well.



So on the 2nd day of my search, finally found "it" at Karimadon on Ayala Center Cebu. The color is far from my mental snapshot above. But the concept is there. I'm in love with "it" already!

3. If "it" is still not found. Don't be discouraged. Go for the 2nd best! Coz i did.

4. Spend wisely on the shoes. They can make or break your fashion statement.

5. You may hear bells ringing or a soundtrack that best fits the moment when you tried on both the dress and the shoes. So for me, the song was

"I know you, I walked with you once upon a dream
I know you, the gleam in your eyes is so familiar a-gleam
Yet I know it's true that visions are seldom all they seem
But if I know you, I know what you do,
You'll love me at once, the way you did once upon a dream"
-from Sleeping Beauty
 

Dreamy indeed. Have a happy "it" hunting! 

 

0 ₪ ΓΈ lll ·o.:

Post a Comment

let your thoughts be written in ink;